Tuesday 22 March 2011

Loving your wife

My wife is great! Any one who knows her will know that I did well to get her.  She's phenomenal. Thankfully because she is so fantastic I have never heard anyone saying anything bad about her.  And if they did, I would probably want to kill them, or at least injure them quite badly!
I do know quite a few people though of whom people say "I like them, but I'm not so sure about their wife", "if only she wasn't married to him!" etc..
When we marry, we become one with our spouse, to have anyone speak against them is as bad if not worse, than having such things said against us.

I do know however, someone who's desire is to marry way beneath him.  But, it's his passion, his reason to be, he would do absolutely anything for her.  As you have probably guessed due to the nature of this blog, I am of course talking about Jesus.  He came for his church, his bride.  There is a day coming when we, the people of God, dressed in white, will attend a wedding, the completion of his Kingdom, we will become one with he who has clothed us in the garments of his righteousness, joined eternally with Him.

It must hurt Jesus so much then, when he hears sniping against his beloved bride. The "I Love God, I just don't like the church" attitude is so far from what Jesus longs for.  The church is everything to him, it's who he died for.  In our individualistic society it's easy to get stuck on "Jesus died just for me" without the equal truth "Jesus died for his people the church".  There is no individualism in the Bible, most of the verses we apply to ourselves were written to churches.

Jesus loves the church, if we are to love him, we too must give ourselves to loving what he loves.

No comments:

Post a Comment